Fade to Black on XL2

Steve Payton

I shoot legal depositions where I need to fade to black at every break (usually about every 30 minutes of straight runtime).

On my XL1s, I switch from TV to M and iris down quickly to get to black. The XL2 will do it but it takes a good 8 seconds which is way too long.

Any thoughs on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Steve Payton

Lubbock, TX

I shoot legal depositions where I need to fade to black at every break (usually about every 30 minutes of straight runtime).

On my XL1s, I switch from TV to M and iris down quickly to get to black. The XL2 will do it but it takes a good 8 seconds which is way too long.

Any thoughs on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Steve Payton

Lubbock, TX

use the fade trigger. i never use it because i usually do any fades in post, but i know it's there. on the same button as colour bars and digital zoom. just not sure how you activate it, and i can't find my user manual.

use the fade trigger. i never use it because i usually do any fades in post, but i know it's there. on the same button as colour bars and digital zoom. just not sure how you activate it, and i can't find my user manual.

sorry, i misread the posting. that's where the fade trigger is on the XL1S, but i don't know where it is on on the XL2. it definitely has the function though.