Krasnogorsk-3 (K-3) S16 Mod

Will Montgomery

• Premium Member

Does anyone know what the smallest lens is that covers the S16 area?

At 17mm (on the stock lens) I'm seeing significant dark edges on the right while on a 28mm prime lens coverage is fine. I'm guessing somewhere around 22mm but I don't want to do another camera test to find out since this must be a common issue.

• Premium Member

At 17mm (on the stock lens) I'm seeing significant dark edges on the right while on a 28mm prime lens coverage is fine. I'm guessing somewhere around 22mm but I don't want to do another camera test to find out since this must be a common issue.

Coverage isn't only a product of a focal length, though vignetting is more and more common the wider the lens is. Certain lenses might cover the area, some might not. You really need to test the exact lens (or an identical one of the same focal length and series) you want to use, not just base it on focal length.

k3camera says:

Q: What lenses cover the super 16mm frame?

A: The zoom lens it comes with will cover super 16mm above 27mm or so. Below that, the 8mm Peleng lens will cover the full Super 16 area. A Pentax-screw mount lens designed for a 35mm camera will cover the entire Super 16mm frame as well.

• Premium Member
k3camera says:

Q: What lenses cover the super 16mm frame?

A: The zoom lens it comes with will cover super 16mm above 27mm or so. Below that, the 8mm Peleng lens will cover the full Super 16 area. A Pentax-screw mount lens designed for a 35mm camera will cover the entire Super 16mm frame as well.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I need to pick up some M42 prime lenses in the 24mm range; appearently most lenses for a 35mm camera will give full coverage too.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I need to pick up some M42 prime lenses in the 24mm range; appearently most lenses for a 35mm camera will give full coverage too.

all 35mm lenses should work.. I'm just going to soldier with the zoom lens.. dont want it to go to waste

• Premium Member
all 35mm lenses should work.. I'm just going to soldier with the zoom lens.. dont want it to go to waste

I shot some tests with a 28mm lens wide open to f22 on Vision2 250D when it should have been on f5.6... Somehow the telecine guys got a decent image out of it and the grain wasn't that bad. The new Vision stocks are amazing in transfer.