Want to Buy or Trade for Arri 16s or Super 16 Camera

Gino Terribilini

Film student here looking to buy a film camera. I have spent a long time debating whether I want to learn film or work with video since the industry will probably be making a slow switch to digital within the next decade and decided that if I can work with the most difficult medium, then I can probably work with the easiest.

I'm looking to trade my Canon XL1s camera for an Arri 16s (preferably a complete set) or a Super 16 camera. I worked with an Arri 16s once and its a great little camera. Not interested in Bolex or Scoopic type cameras because they are simply not built as well as the Arri (gott alove that German engineering). However, if there is a non-Arri Super 16 camera that you are willing to sell or trade, let me know.

If you want money, i'm willing to pay somewhere from $0-$3200 for a camera. I would like the camera to be in working condition (and by working, I mean beautiful pictures, every time- no "oh, well, there is a small piece of invisible metal that scratches the film from time to time, but it rarely happens" type cameras) and to come with at least one lens. A crystal-sync motor is a huge plus, but not required. Thanks!!