Wanted: NIKON D70

Mitch Lusas

If you know of a good place to buy, or anyone selling a Nikon d70 (preferrably without the lense) for a good price, please pass it along. I'm looking for a camera in good-to-great condition. Thanks so much for your help.

Mitch Lusas

Virginia Beach, VA

• Premium Member

B&H has them NEW for $750, and you get a one year warranty. Having just bought a new D100 and finding dead pixels right out of the box, I truly appreciate the warranty. Got it fixed and now it's fine. Without the warranty, I would have been screwed.

There's alot more things that can go wrong with the digital SLR's, compared to my old Nikon F4s and FM2.

-Tim

Yeah, I was looking at B&H, but at the same time I am tempted to go with a Refurbished unit (saving $200). I was thinking of adding a Mack 3-year extended warrenty to insure that all things that could go wrong will be taken care of. I'm in a dilemma trying to figure out if I should save some money with refurbished, or go for a brand new unit.

I've heard about the relative delicacy of digital cameras. My current camera is an AE-1 Canon (late 70's early 80's). It's a tank, and somewhat easy to work on. So part of me is a little nervous about switching over. Thanks for your input.