Screen shots of Super-8.

David Silverstein

There are some screen shots from my film In My Image here

http://www.mango-a-gogo.com/inmyimage/stillphot.htm

the main page is here:

http://www.mango-a-gogo.com/inmyimage/image.htm

- don't go to the very main page

http://www.mango-a-gogo.com

for another a few hours after the time I posted this - someone has hacked that page and put a virus on it - my web host admin is removing it and lookng into it now - the pages I've linked to there though are safe

Scot

Scotness,

with all the time I've spent over at the filmshooting.com forum, I've never seen these stills before! They look incredible! I had no idea you shot In My Image on K40....I always had the idea (who knows why) that you had shot it on Vision2 stock.....wait, now I'm confused. Wasn't it you that started to shoot something on 16mm or Super16mm then had camera problems and switched over to HD?

In any event, those stills look great, I'm glad I finally got to see them because I'm just getting started with a project that will all be shot on my remaining K40 as well.

Scotness, do you remember how many cartridges of K40 you used? And what's the final running time of In My Image? Let us know when the home page is fixed, thanks!

David Silverstein, how familiar are you with shooting film? If you're just getting started shooting film, I'd say you should absolutely get a Super8. It really lets you familiarize yourself with the qualities and characteristics of film as opposed to video. I've found that getting good results on film is far more satisfying than video. If you're already familiar with film, I'd say to just go with 16mm unless you're going for a certain vintage Super8 feel (or can afford a good 35mm camera). Just my opinion.

Scotness,

with all the time I've spent over at the filmshooting.com forum, I've never seen these stills before! They look incredible! I had no idea you shot In My Image on K40....I always had the idea (who knows why) that you had shot it on Vision2 stock.....wait, now I'm confused. Wasn't it you that started to shoot something on 16mm or Super16mm then had camera problems and switched over to HD?

In any event, those stills look great, I'm glad I finally got to see them because I'm just getting started with a project that will all be shot on my remaining K40 as well.

Scotness, do you remember how many cartridges of K40 you used? And what's the final running time of In My Image? Let us know when the home page is fixed, thanks!

David Silverstein, how familiar are you with shooting film? If you're just getting started shooting film, I'd say you should absolutely get a Super8. It really lets you familiarize yourself with the qualities and characteristics of film as opposed to video. I've found that getting good results on film is far more satisfying than video. If you're already familiar with film, I'd say to just go with 16mm unless you're going for a certain vintage Super8 feel (or can afford a good 35mm camera). Just my opinion.

Hi guys - first of all the site is fixed and virus free - the short film Hold Me Tight is the one where we switched from 16mm to HDV - we just had our last shoot on that on the weekend - I'll post some pics soon - on In My Image we used about 230 rolls :wacko: but we were learning :lol: the running time of the film is 1 hour and 32 mins

I agree too - good results on film are alot more staisfying than video

Scot

• Premium Member

Here are a few screen grabs that I have posted elsewhere. All images are from my super 8 test reels. Film was processed at Forde Labs in Seattle and transfered at Flying Spot in Seattle. (although the plus X is a CinePost rank)

13.jpg

Vision 200 7217

11.jpg

Vison 500T

6.jpg

K40

4.jpg

Tri - X

7.jpg

Plus - X

Wow, those look great. I have heard great things about flying spot. They are pricey but the results are stellar. The lens also does make a difference. It is too bad that so many super 8 cameras have such junky lenses glued to them.

Side note: I have always thought that Vision2 200t was the best looking vision stock on S8, the the tri & plus X looked good as well.

• Premium Member
Wow, those look great. I have heard great things about flying spot. They are pricey but the results are stellar. The lens also does make a difference. It is too bad that so many super 8 cameras have such junky lenses glued to them.

Side note: I have always thought that Vision2 200t was the best looking vision stock on S8, the the tri & plus X looked good as well.

..Thanks. Yes I agree that 200T is the all purpose Super 8 stock. In really controlled situations K40 and 64T also look great - finer grain etc., but in shooting situations when lighting cannot be controlled 200T and 500T have the latitude to give consistantly useable results (albeit grainy)

Steve

• 2 weeks later...