JVC HD100 VS Panasonic HVX200

Jonathan Bryant

Guest matthew david burton
I know I know another x vs y camera post. Its just that I am so excited about both of these I wanted to get everyones comments on the two. Do any of you plan on buying one or the other? And why? I will chime in my oppinion later.

Personally i wouldn't go for any of them until they have been both tested side by side by somebody who knows what they are doing !

The pana has way better shooting formats but jvc have a more usable lens.

-matt

Personally i wouldn't go for any of them until they have been both tested side by side by somebody who knows what they are doing !

The pana has way better shooting formats but jvc have a more usable lens.

-matt

Yeah I want the best of both worlds. Low compression,multiple frame rates,interchangeable lens(real lens) all for under 10k

I guess I will just end up bying a used HDCAM

Guest matthew david burton
Yeah I want the best of both worlds. Low compression,multiple frame rates,interchangeable lens(real lens) all for under 10k

I guess I will just end up bying a used HDCAM

All i want out of a digital camera is much the same as a film camera.

*Manual control of iris, focus and zoom!

*The only controls on camera need be rec/stop, shutter speed/frame rate, timecode, white balance and maybe sound.

And all for under £5000 should be more than possible ;)

Help !

-matt

Edited by matthew david burton

Guest Trevor Swaim

I would really be into the panny if it didn't use those damn P2 cards (the grass valley camera and the iOmega Rev discs look very cool) but in the current iteration i think the JVC looks more friendly to the low budget filmmaker.

My dream camera for this purpose would be a blend of the three. the JVC's form factor with the panny's codecs and the grass valley's rev drive. but with the out of the box ability to use c-mount lenses. B)

that camera with a nice set of switars or carl zeiss jena primes would be a true dream come true.

• Premium Member
interchangeable lens(real lens)

Hey John,

The HVX200 lens looks pretty "real" to me with 3 aspherical elements! Not bad!

lens.jpg

"The Leica D scene of 11 group 15 constitution where the Leica optical technology and know-how bore fruit, include aspherical lens 3 - it optimized designed the lens in HD photographing use. Low chromatic aberration it actualizes high resolution low with the dispersed glass, decreasing the flare ghost with multiple coat. Descriptive power, it is superior in the nuance and the shadow impression."

Here's some updated info about the camera. It's in JapEnglish...

http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl...00%2Findex.html