CP-16 Battery Recelling PSA - there is an inexpensive kit to do it yourself, even if you can barely solder

CP-16 batteries are hard to find these days, with Du-All being the only place to get them, and many resorting to DIY solutions. Re-celling an existing pack has previously been tedious and difficult.

I'm happy to say that this is no longer the case. BatterySpace currently sells the custom Powerizer battery pack that Du-All uses for their new batteries. It is a 19.2V 1000 mAh NiCd battery pack, compatible with CP-16 chargers, but providing twice the energy capacity as the original NC-4.

https://www.batteryspace.com/custom-nicd-battery-pack-19-2v-1000-mah-offset-2x8-with-open-end-wire.aspx

Best of all, it is a single, pre-assembled pack, you need only to put it in and solder the positive and negative terminals. I'm extremely clumsy at soldering and making a battery pack by hand is beyond me, but for me this was a quick fix.

I'm hoping to make some 3D printable files of the battery case too, so you can print your own.