Video tap for Arriflex 16SR available to rent / borrow?

Hello everyone! 

I'm DPing a short film that will be shot on a hybrid digital (Alexa mini LF) and super 16mm format in 3 weeks time. The 16mm will be shot on a 16SR(1) that a dear friend of mine recently bought and got modulated to super 16. The camera, however, does not have a video tap to allow us to use a video assist. And we really need one.  

My friend has bought a video tap, but removing the camera's exposure meter and soldering that in will be too complicated / time-consuming a task to complete in time for this shoot in 3 weeks' time. Instead, our current plan to bypass this problem is to 3D print a makeshift attachment that we can put onto the viewfinder eyepiece, that will allow us to attach a small CCTV camera through which we can get a feed for our video assist. However, time is running short and there may not be time to try out and troubleshoot this idea. 

In the meantime, I was wondering if any hero here might already have made such a mechanism and could help me out? I'd hugely appreciate it if so. 

Any other ideas if anyone has them would also be warmly welcomed 🙂

Thanks all in advance, 

Chaa.