CEI Color IV power distro

Jason Eitelbach

Hi all,

Our school's BL-4s has a CEI video tap and it keep getting broken because we have to plug batteries directly into the tap. One pin misaligned, homemade batteries that have seen better days, voltage arcs and its time to send the tap back in to have its fuse replaced.

I'm shooting three thesis films in the spring with this camera and I want to buy the cable that distributes power from the camera to the video tap. I think that it is a 10 or 11 pin white connector. It's the standard power distro cable for Arri same one for 35-III, BL and 16SR I think. I've seen it on a few pro shoots that I've ACed on. What is the proper name/Arri part number for this cable and where could I find one to buy.

I hope that it's not a $300 accessory, but we can't have the video tap go down in the middle of the shoot again, I have one film that's got a lot of jib arm/car shots where the we need the video tap desperately (personally I hate the video tap everybody stopping production to yell "It's dark.... it?s soft.... Is it going to look like that...but hey, that?s what the kids are talking about these days)

Thanks,

je

P.S. Anybody know how hard it is to realign the camera inside this video tap?

• 5 years later...