What actually happened to Bob Gottschalk?

Mark Wilson

I've always wondered what the true story was behind the murder of Panavision Founder Robert Gottschalk.

The story I heard from one of Bob's contemporaries was that his taste for rough-trade Paramours-dujour eventually backfired and he was beaten and stabbed to death in a frenzied attack in his home.

Anybody got any info? Did they ever catch the guy?

I would hope that anyone with any information on such a thing would have the good sense and taste not to share it on a public internet forum, one that can be accessed through a Google search.

Huh?

The facts that he was a flamboyant homosexual and that he was brutally murdered are surely not in dispute. Even if you happen to think his sexual orientation was his own business, what's your problem with someone wondering if the case was ever solved or not? Bob's dead; and his homosexuality was widely known, so I'm not sure who you think this is going to hurt now.

• Premium Member
I would hope that anyone with any information on such a thing would have the good sense and taste not to share it on a public internet forum, one that can be accessed through a Google search.

Just knowing such things could condemn us all to the flames of eternal damnation.