F900 Memory Stick Questions

Dennis Southgate

What size stick?

The lowest size you can find. Unfortunatley you'll be stuck with an expensive stick but only use a fracvtion of its capacity. Despite giving 4mb sticks ith some digital stills cameras sony seem only to provide 128mbs sticks for f900!

Version three upgrade and software enables 20 groups of 5 scenes to be stored in camera or on a single stick.

Mike Brennan

Mike,

We were trying unsuccesfully to load a setting (from the Cine Alta site, loaded via PC burner) using a 64 Meg stick (not Sony) to our F900, I called Sony maintenance, the tech told me that our problem was that the stick had too much memory. He said that 16 megs or less would only work in an F900 and that you could only record one set-up per stick. So,,,, I wonder what the official working practise is. I spent the rest of the day, trying to source some small 16 meg or less sticks, not an easy task.

Dennis

Mark 3 software (and settings recorded to stick) are not compatabile with earlier mark 1 and 2 cameras and vise versa.

Just picked up a new mark 3 f900, Sony included a 128mb stick, which I've yet to try as I bought a load of 16mb sticks.

I'll try it and report back

Mike

The word I received today from Sony was that any standard memory stick (not Pro) of any memory size will work. I was told that a 4 meg stick would work fine if you could find one. We had downloaded and written to a new stick from a PC and so the format was wrong, we should have used the format command in the 900 first and then written the files to the stick.

So the answer seems to be,

Any size memory stick

Multiple settings can be written to a stick.

Thanks for your help

Dennis