I'm bringing DVX100 footage into Premier Pro

and choosing 24p advanced;however, I notice

that it doesn't automatically do any 3:2 pulldown

or anything, I'm forced to go to each layer and

select "always deinterlace". Still, I'm seeing

interlacings and can't get rid of it, AM I DOING

ALL THAT CAN BE DONE??

WHATS THE BEST METHOD TO TURNING THE

FOOTAGE INTO TRUE TRUE 24PROGRESSIVE????

I'm bringing DVX100 footage into Premier Pro

and choosing 24p advanced;however, I notice

that it doesn't automatically do any 3:2 pulldown

or anything, I'm forced to go to each layer and

select "always deinterlace". Still, I'm seeing

interlacings and can't get rid of it, AM I DOING

ALL THAT CAN BE DONE??

WHATS THE BEST METHOD TO TURNING THE

FOOTAGE INTO TRUE TRUE 24PROGRESSIVE????

Are you sure you are using a Panasonic 24p project timeline? And have the pulldown correct (Standard vs. Advanced)? It sounds like you are in a 60i timeline. Even so, the pulldown will remain in the footage, unless you remove it using DVFilm Maker or another tool. However, you shouldn't see it on previews.

I used setting 6 on the camera, which is supposedly still in 24p, its advanced mode not standard.

The scene settings can be changed to anything. So it's possible your scene 6 is set at something else than 24p advanced. First verify that setting. Next, when you created your PPro project did you select one of the Panasonic 24p presets? If not then your project and timelines might not be 24p. Next, open your project and select your footage in the Project window. The settings should be shown at the top, including the frame rate. Does it say 23.976 fps? If not, then try to reinterpret the footage by right-clicking, selecting Reinterpret footage..., then setting the Assume this frame rate value to 23.976.

Oh, have you verified the Project settings and that you are using a 24 timeline? Open the Project menu, select Project Settings..., and General. What's the timebase value set to? If it's not 23.976 then your project isn't 24fps.

I notice that it doesn't automatically do any 3:2 pulldown or anything

You mentioned shooting 24p advanced. That footage is encoded with 2:3:3:2 and not 3:2. That's what makes it advanced rather than normal 24p footage. That's also why you need to be sure you are using one of the Panasonic preset projects.