Powertap/D-tap who makes the connector?

trypcil

These little dealios that IDX, Anton Bauer use to provide an outlet for auxillary power are hard to find. Now I don't mean the ones you buy pre-made up from Anton B etc... in other words who is the supplier.

XLR, fisher, Lemo etc... are easy enough to come by - but not the Powertap connector - crikey! Any help would be appreciated - Happy New Year! :P

It is a specilty item, one not available on the regular market. I know, I've tried. The pins themselves are mini-banana plugs, but they are of a non-standard width between them. Most manufacturers apparently either get them from Anton Bauer or machine their own.

• Premium Member

Look around on Pomona Electronic's banana plug webpages. They make a double mini banana plug with a .5" spacing. They also make male single uninsulated mini banana plugs with threaded studs. If the .5" doubles won't work, you could make a custom spacing plug by taking a small rectangle of Lexan, drilling two holes at the Anton Bauer PowerTap spacing and mounting two mini bananas in it. The backside of the two plugs could be insulated with heat shrink tubing over each wire and plug mounting stud. Really slick would be to get a chunk of (perhaps) 1/2" Lexan and drill and tap it to take the mini banana plugs.

See Pomona's webpages at: (the double mini banana plug is on page 4)

http://www.pomonaelectronics.com/index.php...CK&getDetails=0

Edmond, OK