L A CONFIDENTIAL

vetrinp

HI,recently i saw the movie L A CONFIDENCIAL,in this particular film i want know a trick they have used.there is a introgation room in the film, one side of the room is coverd by glass.while the criminals r introgated by the police ,officers watch from other room through the glass,when camera is kept from outside,ie from officers side ,we clearly see the criminal inside the room and in reflection the officers.both the images r sharp, they have follwed in all scenes taking palce in that room.i have seen this kind of shots in some films,but in this particlar film it looks too diffrent.what glass they might have used,or any other tech they have used.kindly if anybody knows reply me

I don't remember the shot, but, I think that they could have just used the standard interrogation room one way mirror and lit the people in the room from the front so that they reflect on the glass as well. Because , much like a regular translucent window, even though the glass is translucent, a front light will cause the images of them to show up on the glass because it is a polished surface.....They could have controlled the moments when we see the two men, maybe, by using a rotating polarizing filter....I love that stuff....if you polarize the lights as well and have them hitting the characters at the right phase(is it called?), you can really start playing...

I love mirrors and lighting with them. [/size=1]