Kinetta Image Quality at 85% Less

Guest J Jukuzami

Guest J Jukuzami

I would like to see this camera with HD SDI interface and Nikon 35 mm SLR mount. You plug the thing into BoxxTechnologies.com RT $23,000 computer with included Prospect HD and get 32 hours of 1080p 4:2:2 recording. For $30K you have a production and postproduction solution with sufficient image quality to be shown on a big theater screen.

Guest J Jukuzami

Why waporware? This is the first time I posted on it. And I posted link to someone elses post. I'm even willing to bet that this camera will be out before the Kinetta and that the chip will be the same as in the Kinetta and that it will be compatible with a lot more NLE's that the 4:4:4 Kinetta. Considering that the cost is a fracion of the Kinatta's cost, and this camera appears to be made by a reputable company, not in someone's garage, like the Kinetta, I'm sure it will be of interest to a lot more people than the Kinetta. Why are you promoting the Kinetta so hard? Arround the time it actually comes out, there may be other solutions available.

Guest J Jukuzami

There appear to be other companies that are coming out with inexpensive HD cameras. They are all uncompressed. I'm sure that what sparkled everything is the availability of quality inexpensive CMOS chips and the new low hard drive costs.

Summix confirmed to me that it is developing an inexpensive 3-chip HD camera. The company has the capability to make a 3-chip camera. I'm sure that the Kinetta people are lacking this capability. Anyone can mount a single chip in a box. You add prisms and precision alignment and it's a totally differnt ball game. While Summix is a high tech company with extensive optoelectronic experience; Kinetta lies at the opposite side of the capability spectrum.

• 3 weeks later...

strangely when one searches for summix on the net the only reference is to

these forum posts. by jja.... at least Kinetta has a web site, I've seen their prototype camera at NAB this year. (see my photo of the Kinetta guy and GB on the Steadicam

Op web site) So if this Summix is a BIG reputable company why don't they have a web site or any review anywhere else.......