Mini35 on DVX100B

Daniel Andreas

I have used the Pro35 adapter on my SDX900 for a short film and was very pleased with the shallow dof and the 35mm look I got out of the camera (on 24p).

Now I am playing with the idea to use the Mini35 adapter for a music video in Europe

shooting either with the DVX100B or possibly Sony's HDV (Z1) if the production decides they want to go there.

1) Does anybody have any experience with shooting on the Mini35 adapter using Zeiss Primes and either the DVX100A/B or Z1?

2) any links to footage shot with the Mini35 and DVX100A/B or Z1?

3) any reviews on either of those combinations?

Thanks!

Edited by Daniel Andreas

• 2 weeks later...

I was 2nd AC on a short film shot with the 100A & Mini35 w/Zeiss primes. Our DP seemed happy with the lenses. However, I noticed a slight "blurring" in the corners of the image in some shots. Very strange, becuase I know it wasn't vignetting. Perhaps the Mini35 wasn't configured correctly? Other than that, I think they preformed just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
However, I noticed a slight "blurring" in the corners of the image in some shots.

I haven't used the Mini35 but I do have a Redrock M2. It exhibits the same problem. From my experience this is caused by a few or combination of things:

1. The camera not zoomed in enough through the achromat to the ground glass element

2. The image projection from the lens to the ground glass is distorted

3. The alignment of the camera to the unit is off.