Available moons on Earth

hi, ;)

so far with the little money i had to recreate a moon shine, i only could use a 2K open face with a chimera on a balcony.

But from working on long features i could see, as an assistant, helium balloons wich seem to be a first class moon.

But between those to extrem moons (cheap an expensive) what option do we have at the lighting rental house from your experience?

hi, ;)

so far with the little money i had to recreate a moon shine, i only could use a 2K open face with a chimera on a balcony.

But from working on long features i could see, as an assistant, helium balloons wich seem to be a first class moon.

But between those to extrem moons (cheap an expensive) what option do we have at the lighting rental house from your experience?

One thing you could try is to have some small weather balloon (they're usually white) and bounce a fresnel off them when they're up. A trick they used in Brokeback mountain (read the ASC issue with memoirs of a gesiha on the cover they have some pictures) to simulate fireworks going off as reflections on the actors faces. I can't find no reason why they cannot be used to simulate moonlight.