http://www.evanlane.com

SSJR

Guest Sean Curt

Hey Evan I like the pictures you took, some are really color dramatic which I thought was cool, what camera did you use to take your pic?

Hey Evan I like the pictures you took, some are really color dramatic which I thought was cool, what camera did you use to take your pic?

20D

Thanks a lot man

Evan Lane

Guest Sean Curt
20D

Thanks a lot man

Evan Lane

Oh cool...Im thinking about selling my Fuji Finepix 5200 and getting me a Canon Digital Rebel XT / Canon 350D which doesnt cost as much as your 20D but will do a better job at taking shots than my fuji...

also what type of post processing do you do to get those colors so vivid, I have photoshop CS2.

Oh YEA WHAT ABOUT THE TYPE OF LENS YOU USE FOR YOUR 20D? or filters?

Edited by Sean Curt

Oh cool...Im thinking about selling my Fuji Finepix 5200 and getting me a Canon Digital Rebel XT / Canon 350D which doesnt cost as much as your 20D but will do a better job at taking shots than my fuji...

also what type of post processing do you do to get those colors so vivid, I have photoshop CS2.

Oh YEA WHAT ABOUT THE TYPE OF LENS YOU USE FOR YOUR 20D? or filters?

I use a 24-70 2.8L and a 70-200 2.8L IS

Polarizer is a must for mr usually.

In photoshop, if I have to I unsharpen mask after I adjust the levels. I just adjust Levels to eye... I usually crunch my blacks and add in the opposite color temperature of what temperature the photo is heavy on.

e.g.: it's looking a little too blue in the mids or I want it to be warmer. I will go to the different channels and adjust my colors to be warmer until I feel it is balanced or looks good. Use your gut!

Evan Lane

Director, Cinematographer, Editor

excellent work. keep it up

vaidy.s

Thank you. I'm just a student I have much room and time to learn and grow :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sean Curt

hey Evans ... its me again Sean Curt...and Im about to purchase a camera and some lens, but I want to produce the picture quality simiilar to a couple of pics that you did on your site so I'll be asking you about a few if its ok....

the first pic that I saw which I was really really grungy was the picture of the bikers, I LOVE that effect

so can you tell me what lens you used...how far you were away and what you did in PS afterwards

2nd pic (#14)that you took that I liked was the highchair used by the coast guards, and how you captured the clouds and also the the dark blue seas

what lens, and/or primes you used and name of polorizer?

I know you said that you use a 24-70 2.8L and a 70-200 2.8L IS

Polarizer is a must

but what lens did you have on your camera at the time you took those photo's?

Im looking at a couple of zoom lens as well as a prime lens....ideally I 'd want to get the 24 -70 2.8L for a zoom and for a prime either a 50mm 1.8(which is much cheaper than) the 35mm 1.4 that canon makes

Im also interest in using a good polorizer which they seem to be the cheapest but I dont know which is the best. I've went here to do some reviews on some lens but it seems like people confuse me and then I end up back at my starting point not knowing which lens I should get... but maybe if you elaborate on some things that you do with your style of picture taking maybe that would help

hey Evans ... its me again Sean Curt...and Im about to purchase a camera and some lens, but I want to produce the picture quality simiilar to a couple of pics that you did on your site so I'll be asking you about a few if its ok....

the first pic that I saw which I was really really grungy was the picture of the bikers, I LOVE that effect

so can you tell me what lens you used...how far you were away and what you did in PS afterwards

2nd pic (#14)that you took that I liked was the highchair used by the coast guards, and how you captured the clouds and also the the dark blue seas

what lens, and/or primes you used and name of polorizer?

I know you said that you use a 24-70 2.8L and a 70-200 2.8L IS

Polarizer is a must

but what lens did you have on your camera at the time you took those photo's?

Im looking at a couple of zoom lens as well as a prime lens....ideally I 'd want to get the 24 -70 2.8L for a zoom and for a prime either a 50mm 1.8(which is much cheaper than) the 35mm 1.4 that canon makes

Im also interest in using a good polorizer which they seem to be the cheapest but I dont know which is the best. I've went here to do some reviews on some lens but it seems like people confuse me and then I end up back at my starting point not knowing which lens I should get... but maybe if you elaborate on some things that you do with your style of picture taking maybe that would help

the 24-70 is choice! I love it. I use it most of the time.

I have the 50mm 1.8 which is cheap and a nice bang for the buck. those are great to start off wiith. A polarizer is a must for sky line and what not.