Mystery cable on SDI board

Rob Curschman

Removing the operator side panel of the SDX 900 and looking at the board that holds the SDI card; there is a ribbon cable that comes off the back end of the board (upper right corner ) and connects to the interface board. This cable does not exist on all SDX models. Why not and what is the cable for?

• Premium Member

Are you Rob Curschman from Orlando? I just had a flashback of being on a fire escape on the side of the Tower of Terror with you for the Rosie O'Donnell show.

Unfortunately, I can't be of any help regarding your question. Anyway, I hope you're well.

Are you Rob Curschman from Orlando? I just had a flashback of being on a fire escape on the side of the Tower of Terror with you for the Rosie O'Donnell show.

Unfortunately, I can't be of any help regarding your question. Anyway, I hope you're well.

The last time I looked I was still me. With 4 kids I am a somewhat more abused me though. Hope all is well and it sounds like Stedicam life is treating you well in LA. Congrats on the Cuba Gooding movies. If you ever get into the boards of an SDX 900 be extremely careful of the connection of said cable. I may be coming out there before Summer, I'll have my people call your people....wait....I am my people.... Let's get together.