Super 8 Today Issue #3 out and deadlines for Issue #4

Chris Cottrill

• Premium Member

issuethreecover.gif

Issue #3 (March/April) is now in the mail. Articles include:

An Interview with Cindy Stillwell about her film High Plains Winter which was just shown this past January at the Sundance Film Festival. 

A Tour of Dwayne's Photo - Tour this huge processing lab and take a look at what will soon be the only Super-8 Kodachrome processor still operating on the planet.

The Art of the In-Camera Edit - Rick Palidwor brings the skill of making a movie on one uncut roll of Super-8 film to the genius level.  Absolutely fascinating first hand experiences and tips are revealed.

Wildlife on Super-8 - More tips and techniques revealed for shooting nature's intriguing creatures from the large and dangerous to the small.

Building an External Power Source - Camera's battery power or corrosion got you down?  No problem -- it can be solved with $5 and some know-how to make your own battery pack that can run on any Super-8 camera.

AND MORE!

Deadlines for the next issue:

Article Submissions -- April 20th

Display Adverising -- April 20th

Classified Advertising -- April 25th

Chris Cottrill, editor

Super 8 Today See Super 8 Today for subscription options

Hello All,

OK, so I'm biased, but I just wanted to give Chris big kudos (in a public forum) for bringing SUPER 8 TODAY out into the filmmaking world. It just goes to show you how big the wave is for Super 8 filmmaking and how many young, old, student filmmakers are getting into this format.

If you haven't put your money down for this great read, you should do so now. SUPER 8 TODAY is HOT, BABY, HOT!!!! ....and Chris, you are the man! You are doing big things for Super 8 and you are FEARLESS, BABY, FEARLESS!!!!

Mike

Just got mine today B)

Got mine in the SE USA and the European subscribers are getting theirs too at the same time. Great magazine and is getting better with each issue. Nice heavy bookish paper, good printing, nice typeface shipped quick and a very fair subscription price. Worth supporting and reading and getting something out of. Im reading the article on the Sundance Super 8 film short now. Well written piece.

• Premium Member

Beginning today, the cost for FIRST CLASS subscription rates outside the U.S. and Canada drops to $44.95 for a whole year (6 issues). The option for surface delivery ($34.95) for overseas subscriptions will be discontinued on May 1st. So, from now until May 1st, overseas subscribers have two options, but after that it is first class mail option only.

Why? It simplifies things on my part just to mail all the overseas mailings first class. So to help compensate for dropping the surface option I have lowered the first class price by $5. None of this effects the U.S. and Canadian subscriptions which are mailed first class anyway.

Chris Cottrill

Editor

Super 8 Today