Public Domain Material Guide

this is good stuff, takes a while to get to the punch line if you're looking for something specific, but the info's all there and dealt with realisitically instead of in the flip, curory way that's too common online these days.

I'm working on a film that uses LOTS of public domain images, have talked to the free legal council for the arts folks here in Seattle, and this all jibes with what they've told me.

G

I realy like that.

Page 48 answers the question about logos appearing in movies, a question that has been asked on this site a hundred times, and debated every time.

I hope people obsessed with the issue of logos in films will read page 48.

I won't even quote what it says because I'm tired of hearing the non-legally backed up claims from the ultra paranoid in this forum.

R,

It was very interesting though really just confirmed what I already knew, although I was surprised by the Simpsons thing. Hasn't that guy made enough money? I mean 10 grand coooome oooon! That's just plain greed. I was wondering though if anyone knows of a sight that lists public domain material without charging for the information and is accurate.

Edited by Capt.Video

Guest razerfish
this is good stuff, takes a while to get to the punch line if you're looking for something specific, but the info's all there and dealt with realisitically instead of in the flip, curory way that's too common online these days.

I'm working on a film that uses LOTS of public domain images, have talked to the free legal council for the arts folks here in Seattle, and this all jibes with what they've told me.

G

Can you pass on the contact info to the free legal council you talked to? I'm trying to find out if I can use paintings that give the same flavor and reel of Norman Rockwell paintings (you know, that America feel) but don't know where to look for rights, or if I even need them. Google didn't help. Can you steer me in the right direction?