S16mm lens on a B4 mount Sony DSR 500

Vincent De Paula

Hi guys,

I have a shot coming up soon where I'd like to use a couple of S16mm zoom lenses that I have on a Sony DSR 500. I know that it would be much better to use a HD lens but since I already have those 2 lenses with me I thought I should give it a try.

They both have an Arri bayonet mount and was wondering if there is any adaptor out there to use them on a 2/3" B4 mount DSR 500.

Thanks

Vincent De Paula

London based DP

vincent@ambospictures.com

Both Optex and Century Precision Optics made adapters to do this. Optex is gone but there's a video house in the UK that bought out their stock. I don't know if Century still makes their unit.

It is not the best way to go optically. Video lenses are "telecentric," which means that they are designed to focus different color wavelengths at different distances to accomodate three chip prisms. Film lenses are not designed for this.

Yes I thought about the PS, but I know I saw a mount some time ago to do this. I'm not trying to achieve anything in particular by doing this and I know about the differences between the way these lenses are designed but I tought I should try something since I already have the lenses available.

Thanks