7245 film bought cheap

• Premium Member
Hi!

I have got an offer for five 60m rools for around 250$, they are 1,5 years old. but kept in freezer and should be in great shape.

its 300m altogehter...so its alot if film

is this worth the money??

(its in METERS)

As with any short ends, recans or older film, you should have it tested to look at fog and grain levels, and whether the film had been exposed to x-rays or poor storage conditions. 7245 normally "keeps" very well, especially in cold storage.

Well, 300 meters is 984 ft.

So if you are getting it for $250, that's $.25 a foot, which is about what you'd pay for recanned stock from a reputable source which has been fog tested.

Do you want 7245 specifically? Do you live near a recan supplier? (you should include your full name and where you live in your info).

At that price, I would be inclined to just buy tested recans or shortends from a reputable dealer and avoid any surprises. If it wasn't stored in the freezer properly than the film may be ruined anyway.

is it cheap? or am I being ripped off?

The answer to both questions is no. The price is fairly average, if each roll passes a fog test. If it hasn't been tested, it's a risk, and the risk is that it's worth nothing.