Film Stock Processing/Shooting in Costa Rica

rbg

Ideas?? Thoughts??? Suggestions???

Probably going to be shooting something in Costa Rica on Super 16. I've heard that there are labs in Miami that are decent, but would prefer to get it done at PhotoKem. Either way, does anyone have experience with getting exposed film out of Central America to either Miami or LA to get it developed and get Dailies back down there within a couple of days?????

As always, thank-you all for your help and suggestions.

RBG

I have a similar question but instead of Costa Rica to LA, I'll need to transport my exposed S16mm stock from Nigeria to London. Because there are no reliable labs in Nigeria we need to transport the stock to London, get it processed and then fly the dailies back to Nigeria as soon as possible. When transporting exposed stock from one country to another for processing, what is the usual procedure? I know that it can?t be x-rayed or it might get fogged. Are there any companies that can bypass x-rays at airports? I heard that Fed-Ex might be able to transport stock without going through x-rays? Has anyone had any experience using them?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Premium Member
Ideas?? Thoughts??? Suggestions???

Probably going to be shooting something in Costa Rica on Super 16. I've heard that there are labs in Miami that are decent, but would prefer to get it done at PhotoKem. Either way, does anyone have experience with getting exposed film out of Central America to either Miami or LA to get it developed and get Dailies back down there within a couple of days?????

As always, thank-you all for your help and suggestions.

RBG

Shippers like FedEx and DHL usually have offices in foreign countries who can assist you in properly manifesting and labeling unprocessed film for shipment back to a lab in the United States. Here is an example for FedEx:

http://www.fedex.com/us/government/intl/te...agingandmarking

G. Packages containing edible materials or undeveloped film must be prominently and legibly marked by the shipper identifying the contents. Special identification labels are available from FedEx, but the shipper is responsible for prominently identifying these shipments.