What about frame sizes?

Guest Ken Maskrey

Guest Ken Maskrey

Next question since the file names fiasco is completely unfixable...why, when I record 720/24p are my image sizes that I import into FCP 960x720. The image looks like a 16:9 but cropped at the top and bottom, which I suppose it could be. Another thing the manual nor the Apple FCP/HVX200 white paper don't cover.

Next question since the file names fiasco is completely unfixable...why, when I record 720/24p are my image sizes that I import into FCP 960x720. The image looks like a 16:9 but cropped at the top and bottom, which I suppose it could be. Another thing the manual nor the Apple FCP/HVX200 white paper don't cover.

Your getting cunfused by the hvx's ccd pixel size and what the import settings should be.

This is all covered in the manual trust me.

-matt

Guest Ken Maskrey
Your getting cunfused by the hvx's ccd pixel size and what the import settings should be.

This is all covered in the manual trust me.

-matt

I have no trust....No, really. It's nothing to do with the CCDs, I haven't even looked at that. I'm talking about what shows up in the FCP browser window report after the clips are imported. To me, it's just a camera and I press the button and voila' stuff comes in. It's what that stuff is after it comes in, and why 960x720 that bugs me...

Tho' I did shoot some pickups yesterday evening for a 35mm/1.85 picture I'm finishing and shot 24PNative and the video perfectly matched the 1.85 frame size. I have no idea why. Was I drinking...why yes, Esmerelda, I was, but still...

Edited by Ken Maskrey