beaulieu 5008 ms reasonable price ??

A.Oliver

Hi, i have been offered a beaulieu 5008 multispeed, camera is like new, runs superbly well, everything is perfect, except the footage counter gets stuck after 25ft!!!!!. What is a reasonable offer i can make for the camera?. If i dont pursue the purchase, i believe the camera will be taken to a car boot sale!!! Widow is trying to sell off all her late husbands cine and video equipment. I dont wish to offer penuts for the camera, but one has to be realistic. So any advice would be welcome. BTW, if you know your projectors theres an elmo GS 1200, great condition, but noisy and erattic on the film speeds, again what do i offer?

Guest paulhanssen

On ebay they (the 5008) go around 100-150 euro. If the meter is stuck, I would say a hundred. Nice cam by the way, very silent. I should say: go for it!

Paul

Edited by paulhanssen

Guest Robert Skates

The beaulieu 5008 is a great camera. The 5008 series is often overlooked in favor of the 4008 or 6008/7008. The 5008 is most often the better bargain. The footage counter is a common fault in my experince with the two 5008 models I owned during my college days.

If you by the camera, start looking for the external battey socket/dummy battery. The batteries for the beaulieu 5008 cost a bit to recell and die in a rather explosive manner. The external battery socket/dummy battery will allow you to use an external battery similar to the ones being offered for the 4008.

Robert Skates

http://www.sk8scamera.com/

The batteries for the beaulieu 5008 cost a bit to recell and die in a rather explosive manner. The external battery socket/dummy battery will allow you to use an external battery similar to the ones being offered for the 4008.

Robert Skates

http://www.sk8scamera.com/

I had one explode in the charger which at the time, was on my floor by my left foot.I felt the shrapnel whizz by about an inch from my ear.