firestore drive

Will Novy

I'm about to purchase a HVX200 with a 80 gig firestore drive. I was wondering if anyone had any info on it, because i havent heard much about it except for at a demo in LA. If anyone has used it let me know what you think. Thanks.

I'm about to purchase a HVX200 with a 80 gig firestore drive. I was wondering if anyone had any info on it, because i havent heard much about it except for at a demo in LA. If anyone has used it let me know what you think. Thanks.

So many people read it and dont comment. haha. It's ok i guess, i found something out about the firestore. Apparently it records all formats of the camera EXCEPT 24p/24pn. That made me realize just to get the 2 P2 cards (8 gig) and the P2 store. Apparently it only records 1080i mode or i guess 480i. Sucks, it would of been a lot of help with all that space. Oh well. P2 is more reliable than a harddrive anyways.

So many people read it and dont comment. haha. It's ok i guess, i found something out about the firestore. Apparently it records all formats of the camera EXCEPT 24p/24pn. That made me realize just to get the 2 P2 cards (8 gig) and the P2 store. Apparently it only records 1080i mode or i guess 480i. Sucks, it would of been a lot of help with all that space. Oh well. P2 is more reliable than a harddrive anyways.

REALLY? wow thats wierd? Is there a Firestore in the works for this cam in 24p mode?

I saw this discussion: "the HVX200 cannot stream 24p Native out of firewire; it can only write 24pN to P2." - indicates it won't work full bandwidth for the 24p unless you are recording to P2

Yeah, i just felt it better to have the option of shooting all formats then being limited out of the over/under crank, which is one of the bigger selling points of the camera in my opinion.