remote focus for dvx

ben jones

Hey all.

I noticed recently that there was a post regarding a new bit of kit allowing greater control over focus for the dvx100.

I wonder if anyone has used this, and if so how effective/accurate it is? Also, is it available for hire in the uk and at what cost?

Im shooting a short this summer with the camera and found that last time I used it, I felt somewhat limited whith no real control over focus. I even tried putting markers on the focus ring and the lens, but because of the servo or for what ever reason, it was'nt consistant.

thanks

Ben Jones

B)-->

QUOTE(major B @ May 3 2006, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed recently that there was a post regarding a new bit of kit allowing greater control over focus for the dvx100.

I'm not familiar with the post you mention but it sounds like a follow-focus device. Several companies produce these for the DVX; Century Optics, Cavision, etc..

Here's the Century follow-focus:

http://www.centuryoptics.com/products/prod...anual_focus.htm

Note, they all require rails for mounting.

Thanks for that!

Looks good - The one I saw was on a wire and plugged into one of the ports in the dvx.

still, this looks a little more mechanical and probably more reliable?

hope its available in the uk!

strike that, just found the post - its in the news and events forum - "new focus iris control for HVX-200 and AG DVX100B" plain as day - check it out.

cheers, Ben

B)-->

QUOTE(major B @ May 4 2006, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

strike that, just found the post - its in the news and events forum - "new focus iris control for HVX-200 and AG DVX100B" plain as day - check it out.

Ah, yes, but note that it they only mention that it works with the HVX and the DVX100b. The previous DVX models only have very simple remote control support. No focus support.