slow motion effect

Will Novy

Hi, i was shooting film mode with 60 frames a second. I went to view it on my p2 card and it plays it back at normal speed that I shot it. Is that normal? Do i have to view it on my hard drive or something to see it slow motion that I filmed it? Any help would be nice. Thanks.

-Will

You need to be in the 24p or 30p recording mode in order to shoot undercranked or overcranked footage.

Make sure you are in 720/24p(n) mode, hit the MENU button, select: "1. Scene File" -> "Frame Rate"

"24 Frame" will be highlighted, then arrow up or down to find the frame rate you want to record and hit the SET button. You should be able to see the slo-mo effect in the camera when you play back.

You can also convert footage recorded using the 60P mode into 24p slo-mo in Final Cut Pro with Panasonic's frame rate converter plugin.

You need to be in the 24p or 30p recording mode in order to shoot undercranked or overcranked footage.

Make sure you are in 720/24p(n) mode, hit the MENU button, select: "1. Scene File" -> "Frame Rate"

"24 Frame" will be highlighted, then arrow up or down to find the frame rate you want to record and hit the SET button. You should be able to see the slo-mo effect in the camera when you play back.

You can also convert footage recorded using the 60P mode into 24p slo-mo in Final Cut Pro with Panasonic's frame rate converter plugin.

Interesting, does it have to be 24pn? I had it in 24p and it didnt do it. I didnt try in 24pn yet. Ill have to try that. Thanks. If anyone has tried it in 24p (not n) mode and still seen slo-mo, let me know, because it was weird...thanks a bunch!

Interesting, does it have to be 24pn? I had it in 24p and it didnt do it. I didnt try in 24pn yet. Ill have to try that. Thanks. If anyone has tried it in 24p (not n) mode and still seen slo-mo, let me know, because it was weird...thanks a bunch!

Actually, i just tried it. You were right, it had to be in 24pn mode. Do you know why it wont play back slo-mo in just 24p mode? Is there something im missing?

Actually, i just tried it. You were right, it had to be in 24pn mode. Do you know why it wont play back slo-mo in just 24p mode? Is there something im missing?

You need to be in 24pn mode because when you shoot in 24p or 30p, its still keeping all the frame information as if shooting 60i, but with 24pN it drops the un wanted frames and shows you playback..

The good thing about shooting 24p is that you can speed it up and slow it down in post, because it's saving all that information even though your not using it.. It's still there..

You need to be in 24pn mode because when you shoot in 24p or 30p, its still keeping all the frame information as if shooting 60i, but with 24pN it drops the un wanted frames and shows you playback..

The good thing about shooting 24p is that you can speed it up and slow it down in post, because it's saving all that information even though your not using it.. It's still there..

Yeah, but the post slow downs always look like crap. True in camera slow motions looks soo much better in my opinion. No computer regenerator can top that.