Where to buy 35mm film?

Dan Stone

• Premium Member
Where are you guys getting your 35mm film? Are there places that sell it online? I Googled it and came up with nothing.

Can you only buy Kodak film through Kodak?

Of course, you can buy directly from Kodak (Don't worry, we don't bite. ;) ):

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/products...=0.1.6.14&lc=en

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/products...d=0.1.6.6&lc=en

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/about/ww...d=0.1.4.5&lc=en

Some dealers, labs, and camera supply companies carry stocks of Kodak film, and resellers often have Kodak film as recans or short ends.

For example:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...x=17&Submit.y=8

If you are in Los Angeles, I highly recommend Reel Good. They always offer competative pricing on 35mm/16mm on both Fuji and Kodak stocks.

(323) 876-5427

7811 Sunset Blvd.

Los Angeles CA 90046

USA

another good place in los angeles is the dr. group (formerly dr. rawstock) they just moved (to culver city i think) and have always been super supportive - if you're looking for stuff on the cheap they often get in lots of discontinnued stocks and short-short ends which if you're on a shoestring can save you literally hundreds of dollars. have gotten cans of 5284, 5293, and 5289 in the past for as little as ten cents a foot.

www.thedrgroup.com

but yeah if you have the cash, it's always best to get stock directly from kodak or fuji, as you can make sure everything is from the same batch and has never been opened/loaded.

• 2 weeks later...
Where are you guys getting your 35mm film? Are there places that sell it online? I Googled it and came up with nothing.

Since every other company has been mentioned, I might as well add mine. Media Distributors is the largest independent supplier of Kodak and Fuji motion picture film. We carry factory sealed film as well as tested ends and tested recans. We've got a great return policy too. You can email me at

richardk@mediadistributors.com

or check us out online at www.mediadistributors.com

Hey there, i just won an award at a short fim festival and got a voucher for £500 of any Kodak 16mm or 35mm stock. Its straight fromKodak so will be in perfect condition. If your interested i'm going to sell it for half price, (£250), so give me a shout if your intersted, my email is gavsplace@hotmail.com

cheers, gavin

Since every other company has been mentioned, I might as well add mine. Media Distributors is the largest independent supplier of Kodak and Fuji motion picture film. We carry factory sealed film as well as tested ends and tested recans. We've got a great return policy too. You can email me at

richardk@mediadistributors.com

or check us out online at www.mediadistributors.com

I recently purchased short ends from Media Distributors and they were friendly and helpful. My 2 cents.

Here's another three cheers for Media Distributors. They have a large inventory, are great to work with. We went through about 300 rolls (the 5279) from them with no problems whatsoever (except a few measuring out shorter than labeled). Obviously they're on the ball with their QC, and they have a generous buy-back policy.

Of course working with short-ends is a pain, but the prices you'll get from a place like Media Distributors is still well below even the discounted price a Kodak rep will offer you. I would love to shoot with fresh-from-the factory Kodak, but for low-budget folks their prices are just not competitive.