Huron Carol

• Premium Member

Hey,

This is a music video/dramatization that I shot a couple years ago. I was searching the internet and found that it's still in the archives on this site so I figured I'd let everyone critique it. It's only a small portion fo the actual video. I shot it clean on an Ikegami HL-45W and put filtration and color correction on in post. Unfortunately, we didn't have the budget for any dollys or cranes so I had to zoom a lot for movement.

http://www.sierraventures.ab.ca/2005caf/2005_screenings.html

(click on The Huron Carol)

Guest Sean Curt
Hey,

This is a music video/dramatization that I shot a couple years ago. I was searching the internet and found that it's still in the archives on this site so I figured I'd let everyone critique it. It's only a small portion fo the actual video. I shot it clean on an Ikegami HL-45W and put filtration and color correction on in post. Unfortunately, we didn't have the budget for any dollys or cranes so I had to zoom a lot for movement.

http://www.sierraventures.ab.ca/2005caf/2005_screenings.html

(click on The Huron Carol)

I have to say that for what you were able to do with your small budget you did a decent job. I watch a few and wanted to see more and wish the screen ratio you used when compressing wasnt so small but other than that I really like your work

• Premium Member
I watch a few and wanted to see more and wish the screen ratio you used when compressing wasnt so small but other than that I really like your work

Thanks, it was actually the festival that edited it down (and put that cheesy title at the begining). They also compressed it for the web. It's not great quality but it's better than You Tube.

• Premium Member
NICE, Chris. Great tune. Beautiful locations and actors (where was it shot?). Your camera work really makes them glow and the overall color palletes and transitions really fit the song.

Me likey.

B)

Thanks. It was shot at Popson Park down by the Old Man River near Lethbridge, Alberta (Canada). Only one of the actors was a professional but they all did a good job (with lots of guidance from the director). All of the costumes were made out of fur jackets from second hand thrift stores.