AZ SPECTRUM VIDEO ASSIST FOR ECLAIR NPR ???

Thibaut de Chemellier

• 3 years later...
Does anyone have tried an AZ Spectrum video assist for NPR or another camera?

B&W or color version...

My Angenieux viewfinder is really clear but, what amount of light goes to the video assist and what's left for the viewfinder???

Thanks!

Hm, no reply. I have the same question?

I believe the light loss may be around 1 stop. I remember reading that somewhere.

Super 16 Inc. performs a laser brightening on the ground glass that essentially nullifies the light loss introduced by that particular eyepiece-type of video tap.

I don't know if the video tap will work on any other camera (it looks like it will fit an ACL), but the tap would have to be powered externally with its own power supply, as AZ spectrum installs one on the desired camera, and switching the video tap to a different camera body would not work.

Edited by Saul Rodgar

I have a color AZ Spectum on one of my ACLs. I don't notice it being too much darker than my other camera with no assist. But I also had the ground glass cleaned and laser brightened so that could make a difference.

I like having it a lot. If you plan to get a super-16 conversion do that first because otherwise you have to send it back in after the conversion to have it realigned.