XLR input for FX1

Gergely

Hi!

I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this topic, so I posted it in the forum about sound as well...

Anyway, please help me w/this one: if there's no XLR input on FX1 then how do you record sound from an ext mike for instance?

Thanks,

Greg.

You have two options. You can buy a shotgun with an unballanced output. You wont find any with really high quality sound, but there are a few outhere that are decent. These mics are also much cheaper than a proper shotgun. If you have some money to kick around you can buy an adapter. They run somewhere around 200 bucks and require constant bateries. Add to that any XLR mic you want and a short unballanced line connects the two.

I suppose you also have the option of getting an external recorder and record a double system, but given that wouldnt be required unless studio perfect sound was required.

Hi!

Thank you for your replies. It seems to me that not putting an XLR connector on this camera served only business purposes.. (they can sell an extra gadget for extra bucks)

Michael, you wrote:

"You can buy a shotgun with an unballanced output. You wont find any with really high quality sound, but there are a few outhere that are decent."

Like which one?

thx a lot,

Gregory