Where can I find specs on movies?

Seth Mondragon

Just curious....seems like I've seen that somewhere before but of course, now I can't find it. I'd just be interested in finding out that kind of information about some movies. Thanks!

The most comprehensive guide is probably American Cinematographer magazine. Most libraries have a collection of it, if you're not a subsriber yourself.

hey seth, www.imdb.com has information about locations and budget on most films, just look at the menu on the left side of each movie page. They don't mention specific filmstock often though, maybe never.

Edited by Alex Wuijts

• Premium Member
hey seth, www.imdb.com has information about locations and budget on most films, just look at the menu on the left side of each movie page. They don't mention specific filmstock often though, maybe never.

For the interesting stuff, American Cinematographer is the ticket. Imdb has some of that stuff but it's generally limited to format and that's about it. A good one for budgetary info is www.the-numbers.com. It has all sorts of neat bits about money in hollywood.