Shooting the World Cup match

Chrisley Tjiputra

Hi,

I'm going to shoot the World Cup final match in German next month with my XL 2 and am wondering about what's the best setting to be use(e.g:Frame rate, shutter speed, preset) that often used by the operator of television's broadcast camera.

I'm not going to shoot it alone, I have two other assistant which the one will be shooting behind the team A's goalpost(wide shot & player close up) and the other one behind the team B's goalpost(also wideshot & player close up). I'm between the team A and B to get wideshot, so the editing will be much easier to find the best angle.

Any suggest will be appreciated, thanks!

Hi,

I'm going to shoot the World Cup final match in German next month with my XL 2 and am wondering about what's the best setting to be use(e.g:Frame rate, shutter speed, preset) that often used by the operator of television's broadcast camera.

I'm not trying to say anything to put you down, but if you are asking basic questions like this, and only two weeks before the Final, maybe you should just use the "Automatic" setting. It will give you decent pictures, focus, and exposure, and the Auto setting also allows for manual adjustments. This setting will give you 60i, which is fine for what you are doing. You might also want to use the "Image Stabilizer" to take out any shake, but you want to test this before you get there to see if it conflicts with any quick panning you will certainly be doing. I haven't shot any sports handheld, so I don't have experience with it. Someone else will probably jump in here.

As an aside, I have seen a bunch of XL2s during the World Cup, including I think, on the behind-the-goal jib.

• 4 weeks later...