How was shot the opening sequence of LORD OF WAR?

convision

Hi everyone!

It's my first time using this site and I'm hoping to find someone who could tell me how DP Amir Mokri shot the opening sequence of Lord of War and also which camera he used.

I hope to hear from anyone that knows or has heard anything about this technique and equipment used to achive this.

Thanks!!!

• Premium Member
Hi everyone!

It's my first time using this site and I'm hoping to find someone who could tell me how DP Amir Mokri shot the opening sequence of Lord of War and also which camera he used.

I hope to hear from anyone that knows or has heard anything about this technique and equipment used to achive this.

Thanks!!!

That was a memorable sequence. Most of it was CGI, with some compositing where live actors appear. The bullet and machine, crate, and gun interiors were created with a combination of XSI, Shake, After Effects and Photoshop. Matchmover was used for 3D tracking.

That was a memorable sequence. Most of it was CGI, with some compositing where live actors appear. The bullet and machine, crate, and gun interiors were created with a combination of XSI, Shake, After Effects and Photoshop. Matchmover was used for 3D tracking.

Thanks a lot for the nformation given. Hope it's not to much to ask if you could tell me abit more specially about the XSI, SHAKE and the MATCHMOVER.

Once again thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Luis