CP16R w/mini rods & matte box

Guest Robert Skates

Here are a few photos of some Century style Canon XL1 mini rods and an Arri SR matte box on a CP16R. Scroll down past the older photos.

http://www.sk8scamera.com/CP16GRAY.html

Robert Skates

Hey Robert--

Thanks for posting those pics. I've been trying to find out how people have rigged a matte box for the cp-16r for a while and nobody has been of much help. These pics make me very happy.

What matte box did you say you were using? Arri SR?

--Tim

• Premium Member
Hey Robert--

Thanks for posting those pics. I've been trying to find out how people have rigged a matte box for the cp-16r for a while and nobody has been of much help. These pics make me very happy.

What matte box did you say you were using? Arri SR?

--Tim

Yeah, it's the Arri SR mattebox. It looks like it would be very simple to make a bracket to use the arri lightweight 15mm rods, too.

Edited by Christopher D. Keth

Guest Robert Skates
Is that matte box specifically listed as the Arri SR mattebox? If so, I can't find it anywhere, and I've done lots of searching. Anyone have any advice on where I should be looking or if I'm even looking for the right thing?

I've always called that model the SR matte box because they were introduced for use on the SR 1 mini rods. The SR was the first arri camera to use the 15mm mini rods. I could be wrong. I've heard some refer to them as the "old style 3X4" "3X4 SR style" Hope that helps. Check the Visual Products site.

http://www.visualproducts.com/storeProduct...t=3&Cat2=37

The mini rod set I have needed to be modified a bit to get the lens to set dead center in the reflex ring. Very easy fix.

Robert Skates

I've always called that model the SR matte box because they were introduced for use on the SR 1 mini rods. The SR was the first arri camera to use the 15mm mini rods. I could be wrong. I've heard some refer to them as the "old style 3X4" "3X4 SR style" Hope that helps. Check the Visual Products site.

http://www.visualproducts.com/storeProduct...t=3&Cat2=37

The mini rod set I have needed to be modified a bit to get the lens to set dead center in the reflex ring. Very easy fix.

Robert Skates

Hm...I called visual products and they're out of stock. I haven't been able to find one anywhere else.

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a few good 16mm primes with the CP mount. Or, if people really feel it's worth the money ($750) to convert the camera to a PL mount.

--Tim