Nizo 4080 vs Bauer S 715 XL

Peter Egan

Both are the same price - which to go for?

Which has the better optics? Which is quiter? Easier to service? Ergonomics? Etc, etc...

Cheers,

P.

I would go for the Bauer 715Xl it has a better lens. I think a better alternative is Bauer A 512 which also has a better lens than the Nizo, the Nizo might be a bit quieter, but for egonomics and ease of use the A 512 is by far easier to use than both cameras you mention and has many features like multiple speeds, dissolves, fades and manual expose.

Pav

I would go for the Bauer 715Xl it has a better lens.

I like the S715XL with its nice big lens, but it's a big camera for S8. Usually I shoot with the smaller, more pedestrian Nikon R8, even though the lens isn't as nice, but the ease of use is in its favor.

hi, nizo is quieter, i am not sure if the nizo can read the latestest filmstocks in auto mode, if it can that is a plus point. Only downside to the nizo is a belt inside the camera can stretch over time rendering the camera uselss. Make sure you film test the 4080 first or at least check the core drive and claw are working.

Only downside to the bauer is it can only read 40 and 160 asa film, so all metering will have to be done manually, sometimes auto iris is usefull. imo the bauer is a better camera, well made, manual iris is fiddly to operate though. Bauer gets my vote.