Question for all southern cali indie films

Hey guys I was wondering If anyone in orange county, or La county who is currently working on, or starting any indie films, would let me come hang out on the set for a day or two, I could help out with basic tasks like an amature grip or somthing, but basically I want to see what its like to be on the set and learn as much as I can, because I am wanting to go to film school, and I have never even been on a real movie set. I could stay completely out of the way and just watch, or If you need me I could help out a bit, obviously i'm not looking for any pay, just experience.

thanks

i got to do that recently for Desert Of Blood. Although I didn't help on set or anything (i wanted to stay out of the way of the pro's) I did take some cool behind the scenes photos and did a lot of observing of the whole filmmaking process. My eyes were opened greatly in terms of what goes on and I'm very thankful that the director Don Henry allowed me to hang out for the day.

Edited by sooper8fan

i got to do that recently for Desert Of Blood. Although I didn't help on set or anything (i wanted to stay out of the way of the pro's) I did take some cool behind the scenes photos and did a lot of observing of the whole filmmaking process. My eyes were opened greatly in terms of what goes on and I'm very thankful that the director Don Henry allowed me to hang out for the day.

see thats exactly what i want to do just observe everything and take some notes.

Craigslist?

mandy's?

I am not too familiar with the west coast but I live in Massachusetts and I have worked on plenty of strange little movie shoots. I usually go to nefilm.com, but I don't think that is going to help you too much.

I think that is what most students want, we are not looking for money or some mythical quick route to the top, just some experience.

Well, I am going to be out of school soon. Then I will probably be wanting money.

Actually I'm broke. Does anyone know where I can get paid for this poop? Just Kidding.

Good luck little mister grahamcraker. (I think you need a new nickname.)

Craigslist?

mandy's?

I am not too familiar with the west coast but I live in Massachusetts and I have worked on plenty of strange little movie shoots. I usually go to nefilm.com, but I don't think that is going to help you too much.

I think that is what most students want, we are not looking for money or some mythical quick route to the top, just some experience.

Well, I am going to be out of school soon. Then I will probably be wanting money.

Actually I'm broke. Does anyone know where I can get paid for this poop? Just Kidding.

Good luck little mister grahamcraker. (I think you need a new nickname.)

hahah thanks little mister PAT lol good luck when you get out of school hope you find success.