Peleng 8mmm wide angle filters

Hello

First off, I would like to thank cinematography.com and the may helpful people on it. It has been a valuable resource for me.

My question concerns the Peleng 8mm wide angle lens, and the behind the lens (rear-mount) filters it uses. While it came with a few filters, mainly for black and white and neutral density, I need a Wrattten 85B for color correction on Tungsten film outdoors and a soft focus filter to match the other mood shots I am getting with another lens with a Tiffen soft focus.

I am using it with Krasnogorsk-3 so a matte box is not an easy option.

I have looked on ebay, B&H photo, and other sources but have not been able to find any. Anyone have a source or a way around this?

Thanks.

Hello

First off, I would like to thank cinematography.com and the may helpful people on it. It has been a valuable resource for me.

My question concerns the Peleng 8mm wide angle lens, and the behind the lens (rear-mount) filters it uses. While it came with a few filters, mainly for black and white and neutral density, I need a Wrattten 85B for color correction on Tungsten film outdoors and a soft focus filter to match the other mood shots I am getting with another lens with a Tiffen soft focus.

I am using it with Krasnogorsk-3 so a matte box is not an easy option.

I have looked on ebay, B&H photo, and other sources but have not been able to find any. Anyone have a source or a way around this?

Thanks.

Does the lens have a thread on the front? If so find out the diameter in MM. Then buy a threaded filter or a series adapter ring and series filter. You can also find series filters that attach to the outside of the lens with a screw...so you don't need a thread on the front of the lens.

Are the behind the lens filters made of glass or gel? If they are gel you can buy an 85B gel filter and cut it to fit your current behind the lens filter holders.