diagonals lines on the image

miki bonet

I´m very happy with this little camera, the results in a normal ambient are very good, but there is only one thing I don´t like:

When you shoot a clear line and you rotate a little bit the camera, the diagonal line looks broken, I Know the compression of the DV can be one reason but, with other cameras, like Sony cameras DV, this broken diagonals are not evident.

I try to change in the menu, the detail level to thin, mid, but this not affect very much to solve this problem.

Anybody have a trick or and answer

Thank you

I´m very happy with this little camera, the results in a normal ambient are very good, but there is only one thing I don´t like:

When you shoot a clear line and you rotate a little bit the camera, the diagonal line looks broken, I Know the compression of the DV can be one reason but, with other cameras, like Sony cameras DV, this broken diagonals are not evident.

I try to change in the menu, the detail level to thin, mid, but this not affect very much to solve this problem.

Anybody have a trick or and answer

Thank you

Sometimes DV has trouble reading very thin lines and will appear 'broken'. Try making a bit softer focus without putting totally out of focus. You will have to barely move the focus ring to see a difference. It is much easier to see on an external monitor than through the LCD or eyepiece.