HVX200

Kent Smith

I just upgraded my edit system to handle Panasonica hvx200 footage, but before I shoot, I wanted to do a test run. Anyone know where I can get some actual files shot on a HVX200 -- anything, but hopefully a combo of moody lighting, some movement in the frame, and lots of detail in the frame. I tried a lot of the sites, and they thend to be either not dvcpro hd files or the sites are inactive.

Also, it looks like I need the serial number of the camera it was shot with to download the drivers from Panasonic. What's up with that? Is three away around that?

Thanks,

Kent

Kent,

DVCProHD at 720 is 5.9MB/s, even 25 seconds is close to 360 MB. You will be lucky to find some footage lying around. But the best would be to ask locally if someone can either shoot some test footage for you, If you happen to be in New York city, I can give you some on a DVD.

I havent heard about the serial number of the camera relating to the drivers etc.

Guest Paul Wizikowski

Any rental houses nearby? Surely there is one that would be willing to let you shoot a couple test shots for your purposes. Where are you located?

Panasonic makes (or at least used to) a demo DVD disc that has sample varicam footage, final cut pro projects and all sorts of other goodies. Its all in dvcproHD. Look on the panasonic site or call them and see if you can still get the disc. I have it and its a pretty good test of whats possible in the format.

But easier than that, you can take any clip in quicktime and export it to to dvcproHD. Just make sure your size is 1920x1280 or 1280x720, and that the codec is set to dvdcproHD. this will let you test the throughput of the file to make sure whatever drive setup you have can play it fast enough. If you are looking to test out color corrections methods and see how the codec looks on real footage, then yeah, you'll need some sample footage.

-miska

I just upgraded my edit system to handle Panasonica hvx200 footage, but before I shoot, I wanted to do a test run. Anyone know where I can get some actual files shot on a HVX200 -- anything, but hopefully a combo of moody lighting, some movement in the frame, and lots of detail in the frame. I tried a lot of the sites, and they thend to be either not dvcpro hd files or the sites are inactive.

Also, it looks like I need the serial number of the camera it was shot with to download the drivers from Panasonic. What's up with that? Is three away around that?

Thanks,

Kent