Raiders of the Lost Arc - Missed It!!!

Recently a friend mentioned that the Electric Cinema in Birmingham (the oldest cinema in the UK) was screening Indiana Jones and The raiders of the Lost Ark - just once on a Sunday afternoon.

I couldn't believe my luck as I am always moaning about the lack of older films showing on the big screen

We got there and we could not get in!!

Who would have believed a 20 odd year old film which everyone has seen would be completely sold out!!

To rub salt into the wound we picked up a leaflet which revealed they had screened "The Lost Boys" last month!

This just confirms my view that older cult and classic films should be screened more in the cinema.

Matt

Edited by Matt Wells

The Inwood Theatre in Dallas has a midnight showing of older films every Friday and Saturday. Saw Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas a couple weeks ago. I've also seen the Big Lebowski, Dazed and Confused, and other flicks there. Last week they did Plan 9 From Outer Space, and pretty soon they're doing Dr. Strangelove. I know they did Raiders a while back too. It really is a cool thing.

They're doing that at a theater here in Sacramento as well.

I wonder if it's a regular United Artist thing.

They do every Thursdays here, and I plan on lining up for some great viewing of pics I didn't get a chance to catch in theaters the first time around.

Great idea, especially since so many new films suck so hard. (I just saw that $160 million dollar steaming pile of excrement, Van Helsing, which is a good example. They should have built a mall with that money instead)

MP