controling highlights colors with dsr450

Moshe Mishali

hello

i've recently used the dsr 450 for a documantry and i could find a good way to deal with the highlighs colors it's easy to fix the mid's and the low lights (i've used the RGB gamma and RGB black functions) but the only way i could loose some reds in the highlights was by changing the color temp which effects not only the highlights.

does anyone has a better or easyer way to do that?

i also couldn't find a good way to deal with the saturation so can you help me please?

thanks

moshe

what i mean is that i had two problems:

1. I wanted to reduce the reds and magenta in the highlights.

2. some secnes supposed to be a bit desaturated and the only function i could use is the "low key sat" which helped but i'm not sure if it was the right way.

thanks

mosh

Ahh right. Okay.

Okay one thing to check is that the Knee Sat function is turned off. That will reduce saturation in the highlights. Unfortunately it will affect all colours. If you really want to do this in camera rather than in post, the only other function I can think of using for specific colours would be the Multi Matrix. This will allow you to select a tone and change its hue or saturation. I think the camera can hold two or three memories of different colours to affect. But I've never really used that function so I can't be sure. I would really advise this sort of adjustment to be made in post though.

Adjusting the R-G and B-G functions in the User Matrix will allow you to reduce overall saturation. Go to the Linear Matrix menu (in the main Paint menu), turn the User Matrix on, and then switch the Preset Matrix off (it has to be done in this order otherwise the preset matrix can't be turned off).

the Low Key Sat function adds, or reduces, saturation in the shadows. It is like the Knee saturation function but affects the lowlights instead of the highlights.