Nano Lab (Australia) has new web site

Richard Tuohy

Hello all,

Richard here from Nano Lab. Just thought I would announce here that we have a new web site:

nanolab.com.au

please take a look. If you know anywhere else in Australasia that sells stock that is not in our list of sellers, please let us know.

We now have in stock Plus-x in super8 and Standard 8mm as well as Ektachrome 100d in Standard 8mm. We will have 100d super8 very soon.

Cheers,

Richard

• Premium Member
Hello all,

Richard here from Nano Lab. Just thought I would announce here that we have a new web site:

nanolab.com.au

please take a look. If you know anywhere else in Australasia that sells stock that is not in our list of sellers, please let us know.

We now have in stock Plus-x in super8 and Standard 8mm as well as Ektachrome 100d in Standard 8mm. We will have 100d super8 very soon.

Cheers,

Richard

A link like this: NanoLab

would be nice :D

Now that you've raised the subject, I've got a Super-8 camera with about 10 feet left of a 50 foot roll of Ektachrome that I bought about five years ago. The camera has been stored in a cool dark place all this time so will the images still be viable? Also, the price included processing, but I can't remember what the procedure is, and the photo place I bought it from has closed down. Will Kodak still accept it?

And another question, does your range include super-8 negative film? (I'm not really familiar with film type numbers)

I've always wanted to do something with Super-8 since I found a box of 30-year-old (some nearly 40 years old!) home movies when cleaning out a garage. I bought a projector for $4 in a flea market which I got going with some rubber belts intended as VCR spare parts, and the films seem to project as well as the day they were taken! Considering how hot that garage gets in the summer, I thought it was incredible that they survived at all.

Edited by Keith Walters

Hi Keith,

well certainly Kodak don't honour ektachrome processing any more. Would there still be images on it? Possibly. Certainly unshot ektachrome of that vintage (not that long ago) would yield an image. Send it to me if you want. Cost would be $20.

As for neg, I am looking at offering super8 vision colour neg, but I am also looking at offering Ektachrome 64t processed as a low contrast colour neg. The benefit here would be that it would be easier (and hence cheaper) to telecine as it wouldn't have the orange colour masking.

Cheers,

Richard

nano lab :D

As for neg, I am looking at offering super8 vision colour neg, but I am also looking at offering Ektachrome 64t processed as a low contrast colour neg. The benefit here would be that it would be easier (and hence cheaper) to telecine as it wouldn't have the orange colour masking.

Cheers,

Richard

nano lab :D

Hi Richard,

Do you have any plans to offer telecine? I actually raised this subject on this thread.

I think it would be great if there was somewhere you could get 8mm negative stock processed and then telecine'd onto DVD as a DV-avi file.

I've been doing some experiments using a personal MP3 player that has line input for recording sound, in conjunction with Windows Movie Maker, and it really works well. The one I'm using produces standard stereo MP3 recordings which you can import into Movie Maker through the USB port. For something that costs less than A$100, the sound quality is truly astounding.

One of the advantages of this sytem would be that film students could get some real-world experience using similar film stocks to the ones the big boys are using, but for a small fraction of the cost.

Hi Richard,

Do you have any plans to offer telecine? I actually raised this subject on this thread.

I think it would be great if there was somewhere you could get 8mm negative stock processed and then telecine'd onto DVD as a DV-avi file.

I've been doing some experiments using a personal MP3 player that has line input for recording sound, in conjunction with Windows Movie Maker, and it really works well. The one I'm using produces standard stereo MP3 recordings which you can import into Movie Maker through the USB port. For something that costs less than A$100, the sound quality is truly astounding.

One of the advantages of this sytem would be that film students could get some real-world experience using similar film stocks to the ones the big boys are using, but for a small fraction of the cost.

Hi Mark,

we do intend to offer frame by frame type transfer in the not too distant future, then have stock, processing and telecine combinations available. As for neg, I certainly hope to be able to transfer neg this way, but transfer of conventional colour neg is difficult due to the orange looking colour-coupler masking. A budget method might be to offer the scan un-corrected for diy colour correction. not sure about that yet. We will almost certainly be offering 64t processed as low(ish) contrast colour neg which would transfer easily as it has no colour masking. This could be a good option for the low budget user.

Cheers,

Richard

• 6 months later...