LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE

• Premium Member

I really thought this one was special. It kept me on the edge of tears while being very funny at the same time. The characters were quirky without being over-the-top (the way some of wes anderson's are) and each one had a poignant issue to bring to the table. The little girl was fantastic and her outfits made me laugh everytime she came on screen. Loved it! One of those movies that makes me remember why I ever went to film school and wanted to be involved in such things.

Hello All,

I have been following the stats on LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE for about the last month and I have watched its

steady climb to the top. When it first came out it was in less than 100 theaters. However, its gross PER THEATER was big week after week. Every week the number of theaters it is playing in has jumped way up (I think it's now playing in just over 1500 screens). It's gross PER THEATER normally puts it in the number 1 ranked film spot.

As a theater owner you don't care so much about a film's total gross nation wide. You really care about a film's gross PER THEATER (that shows the amount of butts in your theater paying to watch the film). On most nights LMS is putting more butts in seats than any other film. The way it's climbing it will be number 1 in gross per theater and nation wide gross.

As they say in Australia, GOOD ON YA, MATE

Mike

• Premium Member
You really care about a film's gross PER THEATER (that shows the amount of butts in your theater paying to watch the film). On most nights LMS is putting more butts in seats than any other film.

It was playing in the local "Art House" theater and I was surprised to see that it was PACKED. Granted it was a Sunday matinee, but it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling to know that a GOOD movie can pull a crowd.