Getting in touch with people in Toront?

Riku Naskali

Hi, I'm spending the next four months in Toronto studying and would like to get in touch with some film people, our school is mostly art centered. Any suggestions where to look for Torontonian filmmakers? I'd love to work for free in some cool productions, since I cannot legally work for money in here. Richard? Anyone? :)

Hi, I'm spending the next four months in Toronto studying and would like to get in touch with some film people, our school is mostly art centered. Any suggestions where to look for Torontonian filmmakers? I'd love to work for free in some cool productions, since I cannot legally work for money in here. Richard? Anyone? :)

My next shoot is fully crewed right now. Plus it's in Barrie so you'd need to get back and forth each day without being too much of a burden on other crew members.

I won't have any free workers on my sets, you work you get paid, "volunteer" in the film biz is code for slave.

I don't care much for immigration Canada, those guys could not catch a cold. They deport hard working immigrants and then let the criminals stay in the country at taxpayer expense.

R,

So you think it would be better to get paid illegally rather than working for free aka being a slave ;) ?

Hello Riku,

Get in touch with Rick Palidwor, he is the director of SLEEP ALWAYS. He has lots and lots and lots of

connections in the independent film world. I'm sure he could find something for you to help out on.

I don't have his website address at the moment, but google SLEEP ALWAYS and you will find him.

Mike

So you think it would be better to get paid illegally rather than working for free aka being a slave ;) ?

I can't say on a public forum what I think about working under the table.

All I know is that I lived in the USA for six years and I never, never, never, worked under the table ;)

R,