photographic lens

Thomas Tamura

has any one tried mounting a still photography, variable focal length lens on their Z1? I realize that the still photography lenses are not as quality built as cinema lens, and I'm sure in HD this is more apparent, but I was wondering if any one has experimented despite? I was thinking of trying. I'm working on a DYS follow focus and was thinking of mounting adding some more glass on the end or my camera, just to experiment. have any or you been down this road?

How do you mean 'add a photographic lens' the lens cant be removed and replaced with a still photo lens. The only way to make up for that fact is a mini-35 addaptor or something similar. Where the lens focuses its image onto a plate of ground glass, and then the lens on the camera focuses on that. The only advantage there is reduced depth of feild.

Unfortunatley adding more glass won't solve any problems, since it will always pass the light through the original cheap servo lens. There is no real way to get better image out of the Z1.

It reminds me of when I was 14, and my brother dissasembled our RCA VHS camcorder, in hopes of switching lens. It wasn't until it was completely appart that he ceded to my insisting that it could not be replaced (of course, he didn't bother to reassemble it)

Unfortunately adding more glass won't solve any problems, since it will always pass the light through the original cheap servo lens. There is no real way to get better image out of the Z1.

I hadn't thought of reducing depth of field, but I was thinking of adding to the telephoto end of the lens -- there no problem I'm attempting to solve.

And I considered using a 35 adapter, but I've seen cheap screw on to bayonet adapters too. just wondering how they work? other then gaining a little telephoto I was hoping to gain a mechanical focus collar! I wish they put real focus collars on the mid level cameras, but what can you do?