Replacing fluorescent bulbs with Kino Bulbs

I'm shooting in a basement and will have to replace about 10 individual fluorescent bulbs in overhead fictures with either tungsten or daylight balanced kino flos, depending on the stock we shoot (16mm 250D or 500T). My questions are 1. Are the Kf29's (tungsten) or the KF55's (daylight) the proper bulbs to use? 2. If I were to use an FLD filter instead, what amount of +green gel would I use on my other (non-fluorescent) lights to match either temperature of film stock. 3. Which is the prefered method? As always, thank you for your help.

Hey Demetrius,

1. I would use the kino29 or kino32 to replace the flos. You can supplement that with your tungsten heads without having to add green gel (tungsten head are cheaper to rent than hmis) If you are also dealing with daylight coming in windows in the basement I'd use kino55 and hmis.

2.I use 1/2 or 3/4 plus green, although your meter will tell you to use full. (1/2 if I'm in a hurry and don't want an extra layer of gel and thus more light loss)

3.That is my prefered method- replacing tubes

You'll get more output from the kino flos, you won't have to use green and CTB if the flos are cool whites, and you won't loose stop with gels and filters.

good luck

I'm shooting in a basement and will have to replace about 10 individual fluorescent bulbs in overhead fictures with either tungsten or daylight balanced kino flos, depending on the stock we shoot (16mm 250D or 500T). My questions are 1. Are the Kf29's (tungsten) or the KF55's (daylight) the proper bulbs to use? 2. If I were to use an FLD filter instead, what amount of +green gel would I use on my other (non-fluorescent) lights to match either temperature of film stock. 3. Which is the prefered method? As always, thank you for your help.