Trailer for short film Turkey Day

Albert Smith

Hey, we just finished this film a couple weeks ago. We spent a tottaly of about $500 on it, shot it in about 5days...Writer, Director, co-editor is 19, I DPed and Edited and im 18.... the trailer is up now, but the full film should be up in the coming days. Let me know what everyone thinks. If anyone has a good idea for a festival to enter let me know to. were trying to narrow down a list right now.

www.TurkeydayMovie.com

thanks!

Jake.

Edited by Jake Zalutsky

Hey, we just finished this film a couple weeks ago. We spent a tottaly of about $500 on it, shot it in about 5days...Writer, Director, co-editor is 19, I DPed and Edited and im 18.... the trailer is up now, but the full film should be up in the coming days. Let me know what everyone thinks. If anyone has a good idea for a festival to enter let me know to. were trying to narrow down a list right now.

www.TurkeydayMovie.com

thanks!

Jake.

Wow...very Dynamitish. What format and camera did you shoot with? Looks like and assume it's 24P dv with no budget. Great depth and composition on most shots. Keep in mind I'm not a DP or cinematographer and my opinion is only based on other pieces, but I liked it. Hopefully the full picture isn't too slow.

Very dynamitish reminiscent of Wes Anderson but mostly due to the use of the extreme wide angle. The dialogue and script seems atrocious as the acting though. Hey, it's a common fault and something I have to balance out myself with telling the story and the techinical details. This really feels like so much more attention was put into the actual design of the video than it was to the script. Really not bad but for the most part I just thought it looks nice but there just doesn't seem to be a heart to it.

Is this supposed to be a comedy because at times it seems like its supposed to be but really not.

Very dynamitish reminiscent of Wes Anderson but mostly due to the use of the extreme wide angle. The dialogue and script seems atrocious as the acting though. Hey, it's a common fault and something I have to balance out myself with telling the story and the techinical details. This really feels like so much more attention was put into the actual design of the video than it was to the script. Really not bad but for the most part I just thought it looks nice but there just doesn't seem to be a heart to it.

Is this supposed to be a comedy because at times it seems like its supposed to be but really not.

its a dark comedy....I dont mind negative feedback, infact its much more usful then postive feedback. But please dont simply call the script atrocious when you havent even seen the film yet....you saw a trailer. how could you possibly judge ascript on a trailer?...but then you go on to say "its really not bad"....but somehow the acting and script are atrocious. if your going to say stuff like that please explain your self a little more...and make more sense.

Guest Robert G Andrews

'Rubbish' joins a mass of 'okay' productions... ...how could this improve? LondonFilmMan

Edited by Robert G Andrews

• 2 weeks later...

The film is now up in its entirety, the only version up right now is the medium resolution but the others will come soon if you want either the high or low res. Let me know what you guys think, any feedback would be appreciated as long as its constructive.

thanks